Support Us

Donations are always welcomed but not required! We would like to have our own website and megaupload premium for our members so even $1 means something to us.

Friday, July 22, 2011

[notes] IS


I tried to explain some of the less common terms in this series for the viewers.
Enjoy :D

NOTE: For some of the definitions, I just copy it straight off of websites in the internet.

EPISODE 1
1:03
Gender identity disorder is a conflict between a person's actual physical gender and the gender that person identifies himself or herself as. For example, a person identified as a boy may actually feel and act like a girl. The person experiences significant discomfort with the biological sex they were born.
2:52
Men and women say I/me differently. Men usually use "boku" or "ore." (These two terms are informal, which means they only use it with people they are closed to.) While women use "watashi." (Women are suppose to be lady-like, so they speak formally.) "Watashi" may be used by men too because it is formal. That's why mama corrected Haru.
Because someone asked, "atashi" is an informal way to say I/me for women. After all, it is modern times and women no longer need to uphold lady-like manners if they do not want to :)
41:19
Amniocentesis is a medical procedure used in prenatal diagnosis of chromosomal abnormalities and fetal infections.

COMMON JAPANESE PHRASES
itadakimasu: This phrase is said before they eat. It means roughly "I am going to start eating now."
ittekimasu: This phrase is said before they leave the house. It means rougly "I am leaving."
itterasshai: This phrase is a response to ittekimasu. It means "Have a good trip."
okaeri: This phrase means "welcome back."
yoreshiku ne: This phrase means "take care of me."

2 comments:

Thank you so much for translating this! But I wanted to let you know that Haru's friend's name is Reon (or Leon), not Reion.

http://images.plurk.com/d831ad107a44eb067df2a1c08c0e229b.jpg

As shown by the name badge on his preschool uniform.

@Anon, Thank you for pointing it out! I will make sure to have that correct if he shows up again :)

Post a Comment